Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Fork In The Road

The below has pretty much been my theme song for the last year or so.
It sums up how I'm feeling about life, the good and bad (mostly good), the new things, and what I choose to do with the old things. Especially the time given to me on this planet.

I'm currently trying to sort through what makes me happiest in life, and clearing away the clutter keeping me from realizing my dreams. Even if they aren't so crystal clear yet, I can at least see a light at the end of the tunnel.
The hard part is letting go of one I can't speak of yet, that was once a fun hobby for years(!).
I still love to do it, but even this is now at risk of simply being a habit and more difficult to do because of distance and time.
It stresses me out, because I feel the need to keep up with a 'scene', that according to others expectations, I'm supposed to be a part of *at all times*.
I like being part of a community and even a scene, but maybe I need something new?
And I'll say it out loud; mermaiding has given me this possibility.

~ 'Fountain' - Song by Iamamiwhoami ~

"What lies beyond the fringe of the woods?
Dust to dust so we leave for good
When all has gone to blazes I start to run
Until I find places where nobody's gone

No more weight on your conscience
With ease I go back to the start

Surge like a fountain, like tide

And swallow the bleed
Flows like a fountain inside

Gather force from the sea
Riding this giant wave untied
Let it wash me clean

Crawling through deafening cold
Turning head there's no sight of home
Though my body's aching
 we have to push on

For every stride a new line is drawn

Surge like a fountain, like tide

And swallow the bleed
Flows like a fountain inside

Gather force from the sea
Riding this giant wave untied
Let it wash me clean

From watching eyes 
I blindly rove

To guard my stories
 and find new gold

Riding this giant wave untied
Let it wash me clean

What lies beyond the fringe of the woods?

Dust to dust so we leave for good"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.